Pediatric dentistry refers to both dental care and oral health for children from as early as their first tooth, all the way to their teen years. Dr. Boykin has many years experience working with children of all ages and special needs. We focus on promoting good habits at an early age so that your children have beautiful and healthy smile their entire lives. Encouraging kids to brush and floss helps prevent more serious problems down the line, like tooth decay or disease. We understand going to the dentist can be a difficult experience for the little ones IF you don’t have the right dentist. Our specialized kids gaming area certainly helps make the trip a lot easier!
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry
- Children feel comfortable going to see the dentist
- Children learn to brush and floss properly
- Children benefit from having their specific needs addressed
- Proper oral health for your children can minimize chances of serious dental problems later in life
What services does Dr. Boykin offers for children?
We can’t stress how important regular exams are for your children’s health. Prevention is our first priority, but oral health problems can be detected early enough to avoid painful and expensive issues from developing. An exam includes looking for signs of decay, infection and gum disease. The exams are also a great time to discuss concerns or questions you have regarding your child’s dental health.
A dental cleaning may be included in your child’s exam if Dr. Boykin finds tarter or plaque build up. We use special tools specifically designed for children so that they feel more comfortable. A good cleaning can remove any hard to reach deposits hiding in your child’s teeth.
Dental fillings are used to repair a tooth so that it can be saved, rather than extracted. An example of typical causes of damage that may require a filling, would be a cavity caused by too many sweets. Dr. Boykin uses a tooth colored resin to keep your child’s smile looking natural and bright.
Emergency Dental Treatment
Dental emergencies can happen. Eating hard candies, getting hit in the mouth playing sports, rough-housing or any number of potential activities could lead to potential damage to their teeth. Dr. Boykin offers emergency dental services if your child damages, or loses any teeth.
Dr. Boykin offers orthodontics for both adults and children, including Six Month Clear Braces. The days of having a large, unappealing, metal grill hanging out of your kids mouth are gone. 6 month clear braces work as effectively are traditional braces, but are much less intrusive. Treatments typically will last up to 6 months.
Why Choose Dr Boykin as your Pediatric Dentist?
- Dr. Boykins office is specifically designed to cater to adults AND young children. We have a special gaming area for the kids to focus on fun rather than visiting the dentist.
- We teach young children how important it is to brush and floss to keep the sugar bugs away!
- Our exams and treatments are tailored to meet the needs of your children. We even use special tools designed specifically with a child’s comfort in mind.
Schedule An Appointment For Your Child
Contact our office to schedule an appointment for your child today! (760) 789-2330.